Helper Application from jddn

Discussion in 'Helper' started by Application System, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Application System

Application System Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Basic Information

In-Game Username DietSomething

Age 16

Location United States Of America (Wisconsin)

Discord Tag .ʝαℯ∂øᾔ#2798

Quick Information

Which server are you applying for? SkyBlock

How much time per week are you able to get on the selected server? 5-10 hours

Have you ever been banned or punished on our servers before? Yes

Do you have a working microphone? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

Are you capable of recording or submitting visual evidence as proof onto our forums? Yes

Other Information

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? I used to be Staff on a server called Skypixel, a small start up server, but I will be talking about my leadership more below.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I. Love. Theater. It's what I eat, sleep, and breathe. Theater is a great thing to be involved in because it teaches five core things:

LEADERSHIP - When you're in a show, you have to take charge of yourself and character, and if someone forgets a line, you have to be the leader, and save the scene. I have spent a time Assistant Stage Managing a show called the Secret Garden, and that was a huge spot for me. Getting put in charge of 70+ kids is rough, but I managed. This summer, I proved to be so good, I'm getting a job as a paid intern for a local theater, where I'll be in charge of a group of 100 kids.

COOPERATION - You don't have the stage to yourself, ever. You always share it with the fellow actors, with the stage manager, with the tech crew, with the director. With that many people, you have to learn to respect them, and their lifestyle, and I have earned the respect of many of my fellow peers from being a good human being. I think that is a skill that would help me here.

TAKING ORDERS - As an actor, you have to do what the director tells you to do, and you have to do it without complaining and swiftly, and I do just that. I think it will help because if someone needs something from me, I will do it immediately.
    BEING A GOOD PERSON - Finally, you have to be an all around, accepting, good person. I work with people of different ethnicity, genders, beliefs, sexuality, religions, mentalities and lifestyles, and I absolutely love them all. I, in no way, discriminate anybody, and no matter who you are, I welcome you with open arms.

MULTITASKING - You have to do tons of things at the same time, and that can be hard, but it is a skill I have developed over the years. I was recently in two shows at the same time (Farce of Habit and Sound of Music), and successfully did them while still maintaining straight A's at my school. This is a very useful skill, so I can answer lots of questions without breaking a sweat.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? I understand you want only the best staff to manage your players, and there is little room for people with bans, so please hear me out and keep an open mind. I am banned currently, on Mineplex. The reason though, isn't malicious. I didn't set out to attack anyone, or harm anyone or their feelings, I made a simple mistake. Back in 2016 or so, there was a monthly chest you can purchase to give you items. I purchased it for my birthday, because I wanted it. I used my dads credit card (with his permission, of course), and it was done. However, charges kept coming monthly, and my dad cancelled the purchase. It was reported as stolen in Mineplex and they instantly banned me without warning. I have made numerous appeals, but they will not work with me, and I am ignored. I realize you want to set an example for players with your staff, and I assure you, I am not a bad influence, and I actually learned something from this, to read between the lines. I learned to analyze situations more carefully before I make a judgement.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I am placed in a divorced household, so I only will be able to be on Monday and Tuesday, and every other weekend.

I also realize that I am new and inexperienced. Keep in mind that I am willing to learn to benefit myself, the players, and the team. I am also a fast learner.

Thank you for considering!